Interested in Leading an Activity?
Our club is a volunteer run organization. New activity leaders are always welcome and needed.
How can you lead an activity? Briefly, here’s how the process works:
- Determine the activity details, make any advanced arrangements, and email the following information to email@example.com:
Your name, phone number and email address
Activity date and time
Cost (and if you have to collect money in advance or pay at the door)
Description including additional information such as bring lunch, dress appropriately or special equipment needed
Some of the easiest types of activities to lead are happy hours, hikes, bike rides and movies, because these do not require advance payment or much planning
- We will add it to the CSC website event calendar and publish it in the newsletter.
- If advance collection of money is necessary (e.g. for ticket purchases), provide assistance at the activity table during the CSC monthly meetings. We can now collect payments online as well. Typically, we collect money in advance of ticket purchases such as theater or ball game tickets.
- Make any advance arrangements such as reservations. Note that we do not sign contracts or guarantee minimum attendance for most activities (e.g., Happy Hours).
- Meet the group at the designated place and time. Verify attendance using the signup sheet, discuss the activity details (driving directions, maps, etc.) and have fun.
For a detailed description on how to lead various activities please read our Guidelines for Activity Leaders